Credits

My Birthday!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kids Getting Hurt

Dear Diary,

I just wanted to share my friend's post....

I appreciate the guest post, Jewel Rodgers
I think all parents have a fear of when and how their kids may get hurt. My personal fear is that my children will be involved in a car accidentwhile someone else is driving. It was a long time before I could fully trust my husband or anyone else to drive my little babies around without me being present. The older they get the easier it is for me to let my guard down. I still get slightly queasy at the thought of them riding with someone else but it is not as bad as it used to be. The school where my daughter attends has a rule that states that kindergarteners must be with their parents at the bus stop but first through six graders can wait by themselves. At first, I was in total agreement with this rule. During the middle of the school year I began to think it was kind of silly. My child was intelligent enough to know to stand there and I could be inside watching her from a window while watching the morning news on the newest channel from directtv los angeles. Some parents agreed with me, but it was not enough to change the rule.

Hugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I am very glad you're visiting my site, and leaving a comment makes me more happier! Thanks!